6 Time Management Tips for a Growing Company
In today’s workplace, there is more demand on us than ever before. We have to accomplish more in less time, with fewer resources. This puts a lot of pressure on us to be able to manage our time more efficiently so we can get more done, be less stressed and have a feeling of accomplishment. If we aren’t doing a great job of managing our time, then we probably aren’t able to deliver projects on time. In order to help us better manage your time, here are six valuable tips below:
1. Start with a list of easy tasks that can be completed quickly. By organizing a list of easier tasks first, you can get the smaller projects out of the way and give more of your attention and effort to the bigger projects. Also by doing this, you won’t have to worry about those smaller tasks that could end up getting in the way of the ones that really matter to you and your organization.
2. Break a large task into smaller tasks. Sometimes it’s hard to know where to start when you have a major project to complete. To confront this, you should take that project and break it down into a few smaller tasks that you can do without much stress.
3. Start creating your to-do list for tomorrow, today. Before you go home from work, the last thing you should do is to create a list of things you need to do for tomorrow. This way, when you head into work tomorrow, you are ready to go!
4. Use a calendar to keep track of everything. I use my calendar to run my life, I put everything in there. If there’s someone I know I should call in two months, I’ll mark down the call. This makes life much easier and you end up not forgetting anything, making you more efficient.
5. Ignore distractions as best as you can. There are so many things that can get you off-track. You get phone calls or instant messages, or emails to distract you. Try to ignore as many distractions as possible and stay focused on completing your to-do list. Consider blocking off a half hour each day to focus on the distractions.
6. Try not to multitask if you can. We all try to do multiple projects at once and end up not getting anything done at all. Research shows that multi-tasking actually decreases productivity. If you focus on each individual task separately, you will be more effective in all that you do.
In today’s challenging business climate, time management is essential. There is more demand on us than ever before.